Door Hinge Replacement
Door Hinge Replacement
Dealing with repairs can be pretty annoying, especially if the thing that needs repair is a vital part of life. This is the exact situation when your door is non-functional because it needs hinge repairs. The best option is to let us deal with your repairs instead of dealing with them yourself!
What are door hinges?
A door hinge is a piece of mechanism which connects the door and the wall. It also allows the door to swing in the intended direction smoothly. Door hinges are chosen based on the type of door installed. They are made from good quality metal to sustain the weight of doors and adequately support them. These door hinges are secured with screws inserted after drilling holes in the wall and the door.
Variety in door hinges
Every house has different types of doors according to the owner’s liking. They have a wide range of doors to select from, like sliding doors, bifold doors, french doors, and more. These doors need different kinds of support, and to provide this support, various types of door hinges are invented. The most commons ones are listed here:-
- Ball-bearing hinges: These door hinges are in an alternate design pattern to minimize the friction caused between the hinges. An alternate way means lubricated bearings of the hinge’s knuckles. The minimized friction helps the hinge balance and supports heavy doors, usually installed in the entryways.
- Butt hinges: This is the most commonly used hinge. Since they are widely used, they were modified into more types to suit an individual’s needs. The three6 types of butt hinges are:-
- Simple butt hinge: One side of the hinge is attached to the door while the other is attached to the frame. They are kept in place with a pin inserted in the knuckle space of the hinge.
- Spring-loaded butt hinge: These hinges are used to make sure the door closes all the way or stays in a specific position by creating tension in the spring of the hinge.
- Rising butt hinge: This hinge lifts the door while opening it to create space for carpets or doormats. They are usually set to raise ½ an inch.
- Concealed hinges: The modern interior decor these days has quite an enormous appeal. As the name suggests, the concealed hinges are unseen from the doors and are widely used in contemporary decor. With a couple of screw adjustments, they can be self-closing. There is also an additional security feature since one cannot break in using the door hinges if they aren’t visible.
- Offset hinges: These hinges provide an extra ample opening space for the door compared to bare hinges. Offset hinges can be handy in ADA compliant areas because of the nature of the hinge. The door can be opened up away from the doorway and increase the length from ½ inch to 2 inches.
The ADA-compliant hinges don’t matter because our experts precisely repair any kind of hinges at very reasonable prices. Call us today to experience a smooth and optimum repairing service!