Sliding Door Repair
Sliding Door Repair
Sliding open your doors to the lawn or the backyard in the morning with a cup of coffee is a beautiful start to the day. Don’t let this get ruined by a non-functional sliding door, and get it fixed today!
What is a sliding door?
Sliding doors are a popular door type that is made functional by track installation or mounting. They add a sophisticated touch to every household. These doors can be installed in spaces like living rooms, bedrooms, backyard entrances, bathrooms, etc. Materials used to make sliding doors can vary, but the most common ones are glass, wood, and uPVC (unplasticized polyvinyl chloride).
There are two types of mechanisms that make sliding doors work:-
- The first one is track installation. When there is a lot of space, multiple door panels are installed to cover the area with sliding doors. These panels are situated on tracks on the bottom, which are connected. These tracks help these doors roll onto the side and open.
- The second type is direct mounting. In this type, spaces for the doors to slide are created in the walls themselves. This method is convenient for small sliding doors.
The versatility of sliding doors
Options always make a decor idea more appealing. According to your preferences and house theme, customizing your door is delightful and sliding doors are here to give exactly that experience. Various sliding door options are available:-
- Pocket sliding doors: Pocket sliding doors are compatible with small spaces. They are compact in width and are installed to roll or slide into the wall it is connected to. These doors are commonly used for closets and are made of wood.
- Bypass sliding doors: Bypass doors are installed with a tracking mechanism. Tracks are fitted above as well as below the sliding door. These tracks help one panel of the door slide against the neighboring non-moving panel. Bypass doors are quite common and are used for many entries, especially bathroom or bedroom doors.
- Patio sliding doors: These doors have very long widths and height. As the name suggests, they are created and installed for patio entrances. Their number of panels can be chosen after considering the space and opening style the individual has in mind.
- French sliding doors: French sliding doors are quite similar to pocket sliding doors. The only key difference is that one french door has two panels. Storage space for the doors is made on both sides of the wall, and the french doors slide into the wall rather than opening and sticking out.
Sliding doors frequently face problems because of their tracks. They might need repairs because of misalignment or damaged door frames. The type of repair doesn’t matter, but the precision and quality of repairs do. Our team of professionals makes sure your repairs are worth your money and more. Additionally, we offer tips and advice on how to maintain your doors for extra durability. Book an appointment with us today to experience efficient and beneficial repair services!